Who's That Girl?! This is how I feel sometimes when I see an impossibly cool, chic girl on the street, who looks so put together, yet also like she threw on the first thing she found when she woke up.
The look usually is made up of great basics, but with quirky accessories and a pinch of confidence. She is a girl who owns her individual look. She loves trends and keeping up with fashion, but she also knows what suits her and has fun with it.
The inspiration behind this look from ModCloth, that I created on Polyvore, is Alexa Chung.
I love that Alexa pairs flats with dresses and uses a leather jacket to give a harder edge to an otherwise more feminine look. These metallic loafers are to die for and are so on trend this season. They add that quirky edge that I mentioned before, as do the layering of bracelets, the vintage style handbag and finishing off the look with some cat eye sunglasses.
Here are my top 5 style tips on how to achieve this look:
- Leave your heels at home. This look is great for all night dancing and your friends will be green with envy as they hobble home!
- Layer your jewellery, mixing different trinket pieces. Pick jewellery that has a meaning for you, it could be piece you picked but on a trip you did. This shows your individuality as a trendsetter rather than a trend follower.
- When wearing something super feminine, like this fifties, full skirted dress add something hard and edgy to toughen up the look, like a biker jacket. This is great for helping you dress down the look for a night out with friends or even a first date.
- Add feminine accessories like this vintage style bag and some cat eye sunglasses to finish off the look. These unique pieces will get you those second looks.
- For make-up and hair keep it simple. Hair should be either loosely pinned back or down and unstyled. Make up should be natural but try Alexa's signature cat eye eyeliner for some glamour.
Love Dani xx